NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bullish sentiment is buoying the energy sector right now, and energy prices may spike next year, boosting top energy stocks.
Crude oil prices recovered 28.5% to $97.77 per barrel as of Monday, after easing to 52-week lows of $76.07 on Oct. 4.
Continued political instability in the Middle East and China's soaring demand are seen as the drivers of higher prices going forward.Data from Zacks Investment Research show the energy sector bested all others in the third quarter, with earnings and year-over-year revenue growth of 60.06% and 32.05%, respectively. Goldman Sachs recently resumed coverage of oil-service stocks, rating most of the stocks in the sector either conviction buys or buys. Analysts believe that land rig demand in the U.S. has entered the second-phase of a multiyear pickup. The following 10 stocks are listed based on upside implied by average analyst price targets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV