2. FuelCell Energy (FCEL - Get Report) manufactures ultra-clean stationary fuel cell power plants that generate electricity at nearly double the efficiency of conventional fuel plants. Its power plants have generated over 900 million kilowatts of power using fuels such as renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, five recommend a buy and one rates a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $3.00, or 175.2% above the current price, according to a Bloomberg survey.
Total revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2011 was $34.7 million, up 76% from the same period last year. Product sales and revenue for the quarter increased 94% to $33.3 million. The backlog for product sales and service amounted to $209.9 million, as of October, compared to $154.3 million in the prior-year period. The backlog for service agreement was $78.1 million, up 16.4% in the same period last year.The company anticipates a current annual production run-rate of 56 megawatts in the first quarter of fiscal year 2012. At this run-rate, product sales and revenue are expected to be in the range of $31 million to $34 million per quarter. Planned production in fiscal 2012 includes 33.6 megawatts of fuel cell kits, 10 megawatts for other backlog and scheduled re-stacks under long-term service agreements, and the balance reserved for projected new orders requiring delivery in 2012. Earlier this month, the company signed an agreement with Abengoa S.A. to develop localized stationary fuel cell power plants for markets in Europe and Latin America. Abengoa will develop, manufacture and market stationary fuel cell power plants using FuelCell's modules.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts