2. FuelCell Energy (FCEL) manufactures ultra-clean stationary fuel cell power plants that generate electricity at nearly double the efficiency of conventional fuel plants. Its power plants have generated over 900 million kilowatts of power using fuels such as renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, five recommend a buy and one rates a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $3.00, or 175.2% above the current price, according to a Bloomberg survey.
Total revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2011 was $34.7 million, up 76% from the same period last year. Product sales and revenue for the quarter increased 94% to $33.3 million. The backlog for product sales and service amounted to $209.9 million, as of October, compared to $154.3 million in the prior-year period. The backlog for service agreement was $78.1 million, up 16.4% in the same period last year.The company anticipates a current annual production run-rate of 56 megawatts in the first quarter of fiscal year 2012. At this run-rate, product sales and revenue are expected to be in the range of $31 million to $34 million per quarter. Planned production in fiscal 2012 includes 33.6 megawatts of fuel cell kits, 10 megawatts for other backlog and scheduled re-stacks under long-term service agreements, and the balance reserved for projected new orders requiring delivery in 2012. Earlier this month, the company signed an agreement with Abengoa S.A. to develop localized stationary fuel cell power plants for markets in Europe and Latin America. Abengoa will develop, manufacture and market stationary fuel cell power plants using FuelCell's modules.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV