3. Capstone Turbine (CPST) is a leading producer of low-emission micro-turbine systems. It pioneered the marketing of commercially viable micro-turbine energy products, with shipments of approximately 6,000 Capstone MicroTurbine systems worldwide.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, five recommend a buy. The stock's average 12-month price target is $2.30, about 121.2% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
For 2012 second quarter, the company reported revenue of $27.5 million, up 46% from the same period in fiscal 2011. The company shipped 172 units, or 23.6 megawatts during the quarter compared to 174 units, or 15.8 megawatts, in the same period last year. Average revenue per unit increased to $130,000 from $90,000 in the same quarter of fiscal 2011.Backlog for the quarter stood at $113.7 million, vs. the prior quarter, and up 36% from the same period last year. The company has entered into warrant exercise agreements with various holders to bolster its balance sheet and simplify the capital structure. Capstone received the 2011 NOVA award from the Construction Innovation Forum for its micro-turbine technology at Syracuse University's data center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV