NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Canadian National (CNI) said it reached a deal to renew its labor contract with the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference in what has already been an active month of labor negotiations for Class I railroads.
Details of the agreement will be released pending its ratification by TCRC members, who make up about 1,800 locomotive engineers for the Montreal-based company.
|Another railroad has struck a labor deal|
"To my knowledge, it's the first time we have reached a tentative agreement with CN before the expiration of the old contract," said Rex Beatty, TCRC president, in a statement.
Major freight railroad companies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV