BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- With data pouring in from every corner of Wall Street, it's bound to be a big week for Mr. Market. This morning, investors are already weighing the news that Congress may have come up with a tentative deal to fund the federal government. And later today, the Fed will be releasing a statement on its latest rate decision.
At this point, there's considerable speculation that the Fed will start thinking about hiking interest rates early -- but the speculation is just that for now.
Despite the torrent of fundamental news we're seeing this week, stocks are still trading off of technicals right now. That's an indication that while economic data are significant, investors don't know how to react to them as of yet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV