"We know that men hate the idea of dieting and approach losing weight differently," said Cheryl Callan, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Weight Watchers. "That's why adding Charles to the team was a slam dunk for us. He hopes to inspire guys who are struggling with their weight but may not have considered Weight Watchers as an option for men."
In the Lose Like a Man campaign, developed for Weight Watchers by McCann Erickson, Barkley provides commentary on topics including the "man food" he is never deprived of on Weight Watchers, reasons why guys don't diet, dieting on your own and being a role model. The campaign will also feature men who have successfully lost weight on Weight Watchers especially Weight Watchers Online for Men.
Ads will appear in sports and entertainment outlets ranging from ESPN and Turner Sports NBA broadcasts to SpikeTV and Comedy Central. The campaign will extend online via banner ads and through social media channels such as Facebook and YouTube.
About Weight Watchers International, Inc. Weight Watchers International, Inc. is the world's leading provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds over 45,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. WeightWatchers.com provides innovative, subscription weight management products over the Internet and is the leading Internet-based weight management provider in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control. Data are based on the CDC's National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) from 2003–2006 and 2007–2008. SOURCE Weight Watchers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV