He attributes his success thus far to being able to continue enjoying the foods he loves and to incorporating more fruits and vegetables into his food choices, keeping him satisfied longer.
"I come from Alabama, a state that has struggled with obesity for years," said Barkley. "I mean it is the heart of the South – we love food. Now that I'm following Weight Watchers, I'm learning a whole new way to eat. Not only can I keep eating my favorites like meatballs and chicken wings, but I've discovered a world of new foods that are helping me to shed the pounds. I have eaten more fruit and vegetables in the past few months than I have in the past 30 years."
Losing like a Man
Weight Watchers is dedicated to applying the latest nutritional science to help men and women lose weight and keep it off. Because there are no required or pre-packaged foods, the flexibility of being able to eat what they like and still stay on plan makes it easy for guys to stay on track.With Weight Watchers Online for Men, subscribers follow the Weight Watchers PointsPlus® plan in a distinctly male-oriented online environment. They can manage food intake, track weight-loss progress, find meal ideas and get tips and information tailored specifically for men. Content tailored for men focuses on topics including cooking and food ideas, gear and gadget reviews, tips from real guys who have been successful and more. In addition, men can find cheat sheets online that shorthand the PointsPlus values for the foods and drinks they want to continue eating, such as pizza, red meat and beer. Men who attend meetings can also take advantage of male-oriented digital resources with Weight Watchers eTools (internet weight-loss companion) and mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android to help to track and manage their weight loss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV