The most important factor in Capital One's strong performance this year, with two large mergers pending, not to mention regulatory challenges to earnings for all large banks, the enhanced Basel III capital requirements, and a third round of Federal Reserve stress tests looming, is the company's outstanding earnings performance.
Capital One's renewed commitment to its core competency in credit card lending portends continued earnings improvement as the company integrates its two acquisitions over the next year.
And that should continue to propel the shares forward.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV