- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $5.45 Monday, down 59% year-to-date. The shares trade for 5.8 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 99 cents and for 0.4 times tangible book value. The ROA over the past five quarters has ranged from a negative 1.51% in the second quarter, when the company posted a net loss of $9.1 billion, springing from a $14.5 billion loss in its Consumer Real Estate division as it tried to put mortgage putback demands behind it, to a positive ROA of 1.08% in the third quarter.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $32.04 Monday, down 23% year to date. The shares trade for 6.8 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $4.88, and just under tangible book value. The ROA over the past five quarters has ranged between 0.76% and 1.06%.
- Shares of Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report), closed at $26.29 Monday, down 14% year-to-date. The shares trade for 8.4 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $3.20 and 1.5 times tangible book value. The ROA has ranged between 1.12% and 1.29% over the past five quarters.
- Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $27.22 Monday, down 42% year-to-date. The shares trade for 6.6 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $4.34, and for just over half their tangible book value. The ROA has ranged between 0.28% and 0.76% over the past five quarters.
Capital One: Top Bank Stock Pick for 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.