Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Intuitive Surgical fell $6.69 (-1.5%) to $433.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 198,972 shares of Intuitive Surgical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 375,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $431.76-$438.54 after having opened the day at $438.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $440.40. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: StemCells (STEM), down 18.2%, Tengion (TNGN), down 15.3%, IsoRay (ISR), down 10.4%, and K-V Pharmaceutical Company (KV.B), down 9.7%. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets da Vinci surgical systems for various surgical procedures, including urologic, gynecologic, cardiothoracic, general, and head and neck surgeries. Intuitive Surgical has a market cap of $16.77 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 37.2, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 70.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Intuitive Surgical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Intuitive Surgical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Intuitive Surgical Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ISRG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV