Flextronics International Ltd. (FLEX): Today's Featured Electronics Winner
Flextronics International (FLEX) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, Flextronics International rose 16 cents (2.7%) to $6.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.6 million shares of Flextronics International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.82-$6.09 after having opened the day at $5.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.90. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Winland Electronics (WEX), up 26.3%, TranSwitch Corporation (TXCC), up 7.4%, SatCon Technology Corporation (SATC), up 7.1%, and Daystar Technologies (DSTI), up 6.7%. Flextronics International Ltd. provides design and electronics manufacturing services to original equipment manufacturers. Flextronics International has a market cap of $4.06 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Flextronics International a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Flextronics International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Flextronics International Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV