Flextronics International (FLEX) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2%. By the end of trading, Flextronics International rose 16 cents (2.7%) to $6.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.6 million shares of Flextronics International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.82-$6.09 after having opened the day at $5.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.90. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Winland Electronics (WEX), up 26.3%, TranSwitch Corporation (TXCC), up 7.4%, SatCon Technology Corporation (SATC), up 7.1%, and Daystar Technologies (DSTI), up 6.7%. Flextronics International Ltd. provides design and electronics manufacturing services to original equipment manufacturers. Flextronics International has a market cap of $4.06 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.4, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Flextronics International a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Flextronics International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Flextronics International Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FLEX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV