Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (ANH) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation rose 4 cents (0.6%) to $6.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.45-$6.55 after having opened the day at $6.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.49. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: ZipRealty (ZIPR), up 4.8%, Arbor Realty (ABR), up 3.9%, Amrep Corporation (AXR), up 3.8%, and InnSuites Hospitality (IHT), up 3.3%. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has a market cap of $858.7 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of seven, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Anworth Mortgage Asset Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ANH
Reminder: Anworth Mortgage Asset Corp.'s Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock Goes Ex-Dividend Soon
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV