PORTLAND, Maine, Dec. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Magellan Petroleum Corporation (the "Company") (NASDAQ: MPET) (ASX: MGN) announced that the Company held its 2011 annual meeting of shareholders on December 8, 2011, in Denver (Broomfield), Colorado. Shareholders supported the Board of Directors' recommendation on each of the four Company proposals presented at the meeting and voted to:
(a) re-elect Nikolay V. Bogachev, William H. Hastings and J. Thomas Wilson as Class II directors of the Company, each to serve a term of office of three years, expiring at the annual meeting of shareholders to be held in 2014; (b) approve, on a non-binding advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers as described in the Company's 2011 Proxy Statement; (c) consider, on a non-binding advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers annually; and (d) ratify the appointment of Ehrhardt Keefe Steiner & Hottman PC as the independent registered public accounting firm of the Company for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
Magellan is a US-based energy company principally engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of overlooked crude oil and "stranded" natural gas reserves. Magellan's strategy involves the exploitation of already discovered oil and natural gas properties worldwide into non-traditional, growing markets. The company's properties and exploration acreage are located primarily in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
SOURCE Magellan Petroleum Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV