- Ophthalmic sales rose 10.0% to $8.8 million compared with $8.0 million the first quarter of fiscal 2011. The growth in ophthalmic sales benefited from higher volume of disposable products, including procedural kits, laser probes and cannulas to domestic and international customers.
- Total OEM sales rose 26.4% to $4.5 million compared with $3.6 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. OEM sales beginning in fiscal 2012 includes sales to our marketing partners. The increase in OEM sales benefited primarily from increased shipments of disposable ultrasonic tips during the latest quarter. OEM sales also included deferred revenue of $398,000 recognized in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Disposable product sales grew 11.2%, or $1.1 million, to $11.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012 compared with the first quarter of fiscal 2011. Disposable sales accounted for approximately 82% of total sales in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Capital equipment sales totaled $2.0 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012 compared with $2.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Backorders totaled approximately $500,000 at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
Synergetics Reports Record First Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.