5. J.M. Smucker Co.
Company Profile: Smuckers makes coffee, fruit spreads, peanut butter, shortening and oils, baking mixes and frostings, and natural products under the brand names Smucker's, Folgers, Dunkin' Donuts coffee, Jif, Crisco, Pillsbury, and Hungry Jack.
2011 Return: 18%
Market Cap: $9 billionPotential Upside: 11% to $86 4. Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Company Profile: Williams-Sonoma is a leader in the home-furnishings industry, and its brands include the Williams-Sonoma stores, which offer high-end cooking utensils and other household products and Pottery Barn stores, which sell casual home accessories. 2011 Return: 10.6%. Market Cap: $4 billion. Potential Upside: 11.5% to $44. 3. Whole Foods (WFM) Company Profile: Whole Foods Market is the largest U.S. retailer of natural and organic foods. It operates about 300 stores in the U.S., Canada and England. 2011 Return: 37%. Market Cap: $12 billion. Potential Upside: 15.7% to $80. 2. Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Company Profile: Dick's Sporting Goods operates 455 stores in 42 states, mostly in the eastern U.S., as well as 81 Golf Galaxy stores in 30 states. 2011 Return: 3.6%. Market Cap: $3.7 billion. Potential Upside: 26% to $49. 1. Comcast (CMCSA; CMCSK) Company Profile: Comcast is the largest cable TV operator, serving 52 million households. The firm also offers Internet access and phone service. It combined its cable networks with NBC Universal to create a new 51%-owned venture early this year. 2011 Return: 3.2%. Market Cap: $47 billion. Potential Upside: 55% to $35. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the Goldman Sachs' Consumer Stock Best Buys for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV