BERKELEY, Calif., Dec. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hagens Berman reminds investors that only 25 days remain before the Jan. 6, 2012 lead plaintiff deadline in a case filed against Diamond Foods (NASDAQ: DMND) ("the Company") alleging violations of the federal securities laws.
At the same time it has intensified its investigation amid Monday's announcement by the Company that the Audit Committee's investigation is not expected to be complete until February and published reports that at least three Walnut growers were told that payments made after Diamond's July 31 year end were for 2010 crops – not 2011. As a result of the continuing investigation, Diamond will miss filing its financial statements and expects to be told by Nasdaq that it is not incompliance with listing rules.
Investors with over $500,000 in losses who purchased Diamond Foods common stock between Dec. 9, 2010 and Nov. 4, 2011 (the "class period") are encouraged to contact the firm to discuss participation in the class action as a lead plaintiff. Partner Reed R. Kathrein is leading the investigation and can be reached at (510) 725-3000 or by email at DMND@hbsslaw.com.
More information is also available at www.hbsslaw.com/diamondfoods.On Nov. 1, 2011, Diamond Foods announced that it was postponing its acquisition of Pringles, which it had previously told investors would be completed by Dec. 2011. The company postponed the acquisition in order to investigate possible improper accounting of payments to walnut growers. Since the announcement of the delayed acquisition, DMND common stock has fallen dramatically, from nearly $65.00 per share on Nov. 1, 2011, to less than $30.00 per share on Dec 1, 2011. "We will continue to investigate this matter to determine if DMND misled its shareholders regarding the company's financial condition and future," said Mr. Kathrein.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV