Despite the fact that AGG has been usurped by Vanguard's BND, Blackrock's (BLK) iShares product line maintains a solid presence in the realm of fixed-income ETFs. The iShares Barclays TIPS Bond Fund (TIP) and the iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund (LQD) both sit comfortably at the top of the list, with $21.8 billion and $16.5 billion in total assets respectively.
As investors prepare for the end of the year, many of the same factors that have threatened the strength and stability of the global markets in recent months remain in play. Given these hurdles, fixed income ETFs will likely prove to be popular destinations for investors of all risk-tolerances. Although BND is currently leading AGG in terms of assets, both products are attractive options for individuals looking to build a strong shield against market volatility.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV