Ron Paul: Newt Gingrich Wants the Constitution to Die (Update 2)
Updated with comments from Newt Gingrich's spokeswoman and information about an attack ad from the Paul campaign.
A sentence from page 91 of the book "Creating a New Civilization: The Politics of the Third Wave," according to ronpaul2012.com, says: "For this wisdom above all, we thank Mr. Jefferson, who helped create the system that served us so well for so long and that now must, in its turn, die and be replaced."
Gingrich wrote in the foreword that the book was a key effort in empowering citizens to invent a new civilization. Gingrich spokeswoman Michelle Selesky said in an email that the former House speaker is for "constitutional, limited government." Paul's campaign also launched an attack ad on Sunday against Gingrich as it called the former House speaker a career politician and a supporter of individual health insurance mandates. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV