GE Home & Business Solutions (NYSE:GE) today announced that Charles (Chip) Blankenship has been named president and CEO of GE Appliances, a global industry leader in major appliances and home energy management products and services for residential use.
Blankenship will report to GE Home & Business Solutions President and CEO Charlene Begley.
“Chip brings a wealth of business leadership and program and product management expertise to this role,” said Begley. “We see tremendous opportunity to leverage his background and look forward to growth under his leadership.”
Blankenship joins the Appliances team from his most recent role as vice president and general manager for the Commercial Engines Operation for GE Aviation. Prior to GE Aviation, Chip was the general manager for Aero Energy, a division of GE Energy.Blankenship began his GE career in 1992 as a staff scientist at the Global Research Center. He joined Aviation in 1996 and held several product and program management positions before taking on the business leadership role in Aero Energy. Blankenship earned a bachelor's of science degree in materials engineering from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in materials science and engineering from the University of Virginia. Blankenship succeeds James P. Campbell who has elected to retire on Dec. 31, 2011 after 30 years of service to GE. “It is with immense gratitude that we’d like to recognize Jim for his dedicated service to GE,” said Begley. “In his three decades of service to our company, Jim has distinguished himself as a leader known for his passionate focus on the customer and his employee development and advocacy.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV