NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Intel's (INTC) decision to lower its revenue forecast hammered the tech giant's stock on Monday and fuelled speculation that rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will follow suit.
Number 1 chip maker Intel blamed the guidance change on a hard disk drive shortage. Analysts warned that AMD could also feel the burn.
"This could impact AMD a bit more than Intel because of not only desktop exposure, but because of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV