Action to Take. After a mostly sideways year with lots of volatility in between, I'm still somewhat bearish on energy MLPs as a whole. That said, the volatility has created the opportunity for some selective nibbling in particularly beaten-down areas. Natural Resource Partners and Niska Gas Storage Partners are intriguing ideas: NRP for stability and predictability of its income, thanks to a limited-risk business model; and NKA for its higher yield and deep asset-value characteristics.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 2 Energy MLPs With Attractive Yields portfolio on Stockpickr.
P.S. -- We recently came across an unusual energy stock that has crushed gold, silver, oil and just about anything else you can think of over the past 10 years. What's amazing is that even after its 2,000% run-up it's STILL paying an 8.6% dividend yield right now. Click
Disclosure: Neither A. Fischbaum nor StreetAuthority, LLC hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article.Links:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV