Chicago's Uncommon Ground Named "Greenest" Restaurant In America
"We are proud of Uncommon Ground's incredible accomplishment of becoming the Greenest Restaurants in the Country," says Michael Oshman, Green Restaurant Association Founder and CEO. "Uncommon Ground is leading the way for American restaurants and the American economy, demonstrating that green practices are both good for the planet and the bottom line. They have truly raised the bar today of what all restaurants can accomplish."
In addition to being named the Top Green Restaurant in America, Uncommon Ground has racked up a venerable who's who of awards in the industry including:
- "Best New Restaurants" - Chicago Magazine 2008- "First Certified Organic Roof Top Farm in the Country" - M.O.S.A. 2008- "Recipient of the 'Governor Sustainability Award'" - 2010 & 2011- "Winner of the 'Mayor's Landscape Award', City of Chicago" - 2009, 2010, & 2011- "Winner of the prestigious 'USGBC Environ-motion Award'" - March, 2009
Uncommon Ground offers environmentally friendly, contemporary comfort cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal, regional and organic ingredients. The bar features famous house-infused organic cocktails, a selection of local craft beers and an eclectic American wine list. National music acts perform nightly in an intimate acoustic listening room while art openings feature local Chicago artists.The invite only media tour and cocktail reception will take place at 5:30PM on December 13th at the Devon location. Invitees include Uncommon Ground loyalists, public officials, Chicago and nationally renowned green industry leaders, and will feature a rare media tour focusing on some of the amenities that brought Uncommon Ground to the world's attention. For media inquiries and more information about the event, contact Chris Foltz at 312-772-4865 or by email at chris @ christopherfoltz . com SOURCE Uncommon Ground
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV