Netflix (NFLX) is an Internet subscription service streaming television shows and movies. This stock is trading up 6.8% at $75.79 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7.2 million sharesAverage Volume: 10.2 million shares. Volume % Change: 62% Shares of Netflix are soaring today after some rumors circulated trading desks that Verizon (VZ) could be interested in buying Netflix. From a technical standpoint, NFLX has started to trigger a major breakout today above some past overhead resistance levels at $70.76 and $71.91 on decent volume. Traders should now watch to see how NFLX closes today. Look for a close near the highs of the day on volume that's close to or above 10.2 million shares. If we get that action, then this stock should setup to re-test $89.61 (its 50-day) on the coming days or weeks. Netflix, one of TheStreet Ratigns' top-rated online retail stocks and one of SAC Capital's top holdings, shows up on a recent list of the 5 Worst Stocks of the Year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV