Bally Technologies (BYI) is a diversified, worldwide gaming company that designs, manufactures, operates and distributes advanced technology-based gaming devices, systems and server-based solutions. The stock is trading up 2% at $38.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 497,000 sharesAverage Volume: 595,758 shares Volume % Change: 178% This stock is advancing modestly today after JPMorgan upgraded the stock to overweight from neutral. From a technical standpoint, BYI has recently found some buying support near its 200-day moving average of $36.02. This move today now sets the stock up for a big breakout if it can manage to take out some overhead resistance levels on heavy volume. Traders should watch for a sustained high-volume move and close above $39.36. Look for volume that's close to or well above 595,758 shares. If we see that action, look for BYI to re-test its next significantly overhead resistance level at $41.80. Bally is one of the top holdings at Columbia Wanger Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV