Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP) is a specialty health care solutions company focused on branded products and generics, and devices and services. The stock is trading up 2% at $36.01 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.5 million sharesAverage Volume: 1.3 million shares Volume % Change: 336% This stock is ripping to the upside today after the Food and Drug Administration has approved a new formulation of Endo's pain drug Opana ER that is designed to be crush-resistant, which makes the drug safer and reduces the potential of abuse. From a technical standpoint, ENDP has started to gap up above some past overhead resistance at $34.89 on heavy volume. This gap up is also trigging a breakout now that shares are moving above $34.89 with volume. Market players should watch for a close today that is near the high of the day of $36.35. If we get that action, then this stock could be setting up trend significantly higher towards $40 to $42. Endo is one of the top holdings at Bridgewater Associates and also shows up in D.E. Shaw's portfolio as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV