SHANGHAI, Dec. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- WuXi PharmaTech (NYSE: WX), a leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical-device research and development outsourcing company with operations in China and the United States, today announced the winners of its fifth Life Science and Chemistry Awards, held on December 12, 2011 at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing.
The theme of this year's awards was Disease Biology. Guowei Sang, Vice-Chairman of the Standing Committee of the 11th National People's Congress and Member of Chinese Academy of Engineering and Huaixi Zhang, Vice Chairman of the 10th Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference attended the awards ceremony, presented the awards, and congratulated the winners, encouraging them to continue their contributions to China's life science industry.
Mr. Sang served as the Honorary Chairman of the award selection panel, which was comprised of eight scholars with extensive industry expertise in life science industry:
- Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Hongyang Wang, Professor of Second Military Medical University, Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Dr. Shuhui Chen, Chief Scientific Officer of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Wei He, Chair of Science and Education Department of Ministry of Health
- Dr. Qiang Lu, Vice President of Biology of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Xiongli Yang, Professor of Fudan University and Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Chi-Chung Chan, Vice President of Biology, Head of Oncology of WuXi PharmaTech
- Dr. Nanshan Zhong, Head of Guangzhou Medical School, President of Chinese Medical Association and Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
Fifteen winners were selected through a rigorous and objective evaluation process that began in July.The First Prize winners are:
- Dr. Fu Gao, Research fellow of Institute of Microbiology Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Jie He, Director of Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Prof. Weiguo Zhu, Health Science Center of Peking University
- Prof. Jianguo Wu, College of Life Sciences at Wuhan University
- Dr. Feng Shao, Associate Investigator of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Dr. Minmin Luo, Associate Investigator and Laboratory Head of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Prof. Yongxiang Wang, College of Pharmacy of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Dr. Yong Liu, Research Fellow at Institute for Nutritional Sciences, SIBS, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Jinggen Liu, Research Fellow at Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Hong Zhang, Associate Investigator of National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Prof. Zhongzhou Yang, Model Animal Research Center of Nanjing University
- Dr. Peng Chen, Associate Director of Synthetic and Functional Biomolecules Center of Peking University
- Prof. Youhong Jiang, Institute for Cancer Research of the First Hospital of China Medical University
- Dr. Zhengfan Jiang, Research Fellow at the School of Life Sciences of Peking University
- Dr. Yan Yan, Chief Physician of the Department of Cardiology of Zhongshan Hospital
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.