5. American Tower (AMT) has over 40,000 broadcast and wireless communications sites in the U.S., Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru and South Africa.
Of the 23 analysts covering the stock, 91% recommend a buy and 4% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $65.35, about 11.5% higher than the current price, according to Bloomberg.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2011, AMT reported total revenue of $630.4 million, an increase of 22.8%. Total rental and management revenue increased 23% to $614.8 million. Adjusted EBITDA rose 14.5% to $400.6 million, and operating income grew 7% to $228.3 million.Revenue from the company's international rental and management division amplified 78.9% to $178 million, or 28% of total revenue. Furthermore, gross margin of the division increased 61.4% to $113.2 million, while operating profit improved 60.2% to $91.5 million. American Tower recently announced a definitive agreement with MTN Group for establishing a new joint venture tower company in Uganda, which will acquire about 1,000 existing tower sites from MTN Group's operating subsidiary in Uganda for over $175 million. American Tower will be the major shareholder of ATC Uganda with a 51% holding. The transaction also involves ATC Uganda constructing 280 tower sites for MTN Uganda over the next three years. For fiscal 2011, the company expects adjusted EBITDA of $1.58 billion to $1.60 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV