LONDON, December 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Multi-year engagement to cover Business Transformation initiatives across five continents
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) today announced that it has signed a multi-year Transformation and Business IT services contract with Syngenta AG (SMI: SYNN, NYSE: SYT), one of the world leading agribusiness companies based in Switzerland. In a landmark contract that will provide consistency and predictability of service delivery, Infosys will consolidate Syngenta's Global Business IT services landscape under a single shared services engagement.
- Infosys will be the preferred partner for Syngenta for all technology enabled Business Transformation initiatives.
- This engagement will enable Syngenta to roll out standardised processes, platforms, tools and ways of working across 90 countries.
- Additionally, Infosys will setup a Business Architecture service to advise Syngenta on its future IT and process roadmap, acting as a key player in bridging the gap between business strategy and execution.
- Martin Walker, Global Head of Business Services for Syngenta: "Syngenta works across the globe and these services are critical to our success and competitiveness. Infosys was an obvious choice for Syngenta for its willingness to partner, ability to deliver superior solutions, leverage global presence and robust Business Transformation framework and capabilities. Infosys has aligned its priorities with Syngenta strategy, which is clearly evident in all interactions and is a key element in the success of this partnership."
- S.D. Shibulal, CEO, Infosys: "Managing disparate global operations is one of the foremost challenges for enterprises. Tomorrow's enterprises must identify and respond to business trends by simplifying processes and adapting to change. We are happy to be chosen by Syngenta in this transformation journey to build a single platform for Business IT services."
- B.G. Srinivas, Member of the Board and Global Head, Manufacturing, Infosys: "Companies across the world are faced with rising operational costs, diverse customers and complex supply chains. This engagement with Syngenta is an example of how we partner with our clients to manage these challenges. This contract builds on the strength of our seven year relationship with Syngenta."