LIN Media Announces New And Enhanced IPad App
Continuing to build upon its suite of digital offerings, LIN Media (NYSE: TVL), a local multimedia company, today announced its new and enhanced iPad app that combines its award-winning local content, video and citizen journalism technology, “Report It”, among other unique features, in a user-friendly experience that is customized and optimized for the tablet.
Highlights of LIN Media’s Version 2.0 iPad app include:
- Immediate access to stories and blogs published in real-time from LIN Media’s digital content centers
- Breaking news alerts to help users stay informed even when the app is closed
- Enhanced video presentation in one easy to navigate, comprehensive catalog
- Interactive weather maps and information designed for consistency on all media platforms
- New “Report It” functionality that leverages iPad’s built-in features, allowing viewers to easily send and share news, photos and videos
“We are pleased to continue our tradition of bringing innovative products to market and making it more convenient for users to access our superior local content on the most popular electronic devices,” said Vincent L. Sadusky, President & Chief Executive Officer of LIN Media. “Our new iPad app was thoughtfully designed to deliver a best-in-class user experience and be the preferred local news app in each of our markets.”
In October 2010, LIN Media launched its first generation iPad app into the emerging tablet space. The application was built upon the previous development work completed for the Company’s iPhone app, which boasted quick access to news and weather, promotion of video packages, as well as an extension of LIN Media’s “Report It” capabilities.Since the launch of the iPad 2, LIN Media has been perfecting its technology to take advantage of the tablet’s increased processing power, photo and video enhancements and new graphics engine. Version 2.0 will be available free of charge on LIN Media’s station web sites and in the app store.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV