Furmanite Corporation Stock Upgraded (FRM)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Furmanite Corporation (NYSE:FRM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FRM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FURMANITE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FURMANITE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.26 versus -$0.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.26).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, FURMANITE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $7.59 million or 1.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.90%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.32, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.55 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV