NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- why it's nice to look at the market without severe Europe jitters;
- why buying shares of International Paper is like giving yourself a gift box; and
- some attractive oil-service stocks.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
Enjoying the View Without Europe
Posted at 1:18 p.m. EDT on Friday, Dec. 9.To me, the whole thing is a little remarkable. You clear up Europe and you get a whole new view on everything. Now, instead of thinking that the semiconductors are terrible, we think there's a trough and it's time to buy. Instead of thinking Europe's in a recession and we'll have to sell the steels and the machinery companies and the DuPont-like enterprises, we say that a recession will be avoided and it's time to buy them. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll And, of course, instead of saying that there's still plenty of worry about bank-stock earnings, we decide it doesn't matter about earnings, what matters is no more Lehmans. Contagion contained! Excuse me for being willing to pay for only those companies that are doing well and earning their keep. Still, it is safe to say that we can reverse yesterday's losses because those were predicated on nothing happening at all -- not looser bank requirements, and not an understanding that European banks have unlimited credit lines and don't need to sell sovereign debt. The rose-colored glasses have a habit of falling off a couple of days after they have been put on. So don't let them get too snug. We have failed at these levels repeatedly. Still, it's terrific to see the market shrug off Texas Instruments (TXN), DuPont (DD) and Altera (ALTR). In fact, if my charitable trust didn't own DuPont, it would certainly be nibbling today. Random Musings: General Electric (GE) yields 4% again after that surprise dividend boost. What's not to like! Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long DD.
Box Up a New Play Posted at 8:12 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, Dec. 7. How about a lower-risk play on all of that online shipping? How about the company that makes the boxes for the goods that come in the mail?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV