PNM Resources (PNM) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, PNM Resources fell 48 cents (-2.6%) to $17.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of PNM Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.64-$18.42 after having opened the day at $18.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.42. PNM Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates in energy and energy-related businesses in the United States. It primarily engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity. The company generates electricity using coal, nuclear, natural gas, and wind energy. PNM Resources has a market cap of $1.49 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 41.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate PNM Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PNM as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full PNM Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PNM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV