Copa Holdings SA (CPA): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Copa Holdings (CPA) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Copa Holdings fell $1.95 (-3%) to $62.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 492,836 shares of Copa Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 360,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.56-$64.49 after having opened the day at $64.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.28. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: AMR (AMR), down 14.5%, Grupo TMM S.A (TMM), down 10.2%, DS Torm (TRMD), down 6.3%, and Pinnacle Airlines (PNCL), down 6.1%. Copa Holdings, S. A., through its subsidiaries, provides airline passenger and cargo services. The company offers air transportation services for leisure and business travelers; and cargo, which include freight, courier, and mail service. Copa Holdings has a market cap of $2.14 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.8, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 13.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Copa Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Copa as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Copa Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV