I will now turn the call over to David Golub, Chief Executive Officer of Golub Capital BDC. Please proceed.
David B. Golub
Thank you, Suzy. Good afternoon, everybody and thanks for joining us today. I am joined today by Ross Teune, our Chief Financial Officer. I hope you’ve been able to review our earnings release in the investor presentation we posted on the website. Ross and I will be referring to this presentation throughout the call today.
I‘d like to start today by providing an overview of the September 30 financial results. Ross is then going to take you through the results in more detail. I’ll then come back and give you an update on new origination activity for the first two months of our first fiscal quarter for 2012, as well as to provide you with some information on that hedge that we put in place that affectively fixes the interest rate on our SBIC debentures that we’ve drawn, but where the ultimate rate on those debentures won't be determined until the March 2012 of SBA pooling date.With that, let me get started. As highlighted on page one of the investor presentation, net investment income for the quarter ended September 30 with $6.5 million or $0.30 a share, as compared to $6 million or $0.28 a share for the quarter ended June 30. The increase in net investment income was driven by both an increase in our weighted average earning investments of $15.1 million and an increase in our weighted average net investment spread of 20 basis points. If we look at net increase and net assets or what I think of as net income for the quarter ended September 30, it was $3 million or $0.14 a share as compared to $6.5 million or $0.31 a share for the quarter ended June 30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV