Stocks that are making large-percentage moves like these are favorites among short-term traders because they can jump into these names and try to capture some of that massive volatility. Stocks that are making big-percentage moves either up or down are usually in play because their sector is becoming attractive or they have a major fundamental catalyst like a recent earnings release. Sometimes stocks making big-percentage moves have been hit with an analyst upgrade or an analyst upgrade.
No matter what the reason is, when a stock makes a large-percentage move, it is often just the start of a new major trend. A trend that can lead to huge profits if you time the trade correctly and combine a number of technical indicators like volume, price, and momentum indicators such as RSI. Combine all of those technical indicators with fundamental trends, disciple and sound money management and you will be well on your way to investment success.With that in mind, let's take a closer look at a several stocks under $10 that are making large-percentage moves to the upside today. SuperMedia SuperMedia (SPMD) is a yellow pages directory publisher in the U.S. SuperMedia offers online advertising solutions. The company sells advertising solutions to its clients and places their advertising into its portfolio of advertising media. This stock is trading up 7.8% to $2.34 in recent trading. Today's Range: $2-$2.45 52-week Range: $1.16-$12.63 Volume: 141,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 84,411 From a technical standpoint, SPMD is quickly approaching a big breakout if it can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above some past overhead resistance at $2.41 to $2.66. Volume today is already well above its three-month average of 84,411, so watch for a close at least over $2.41. If we get that action, then this stock could easily re-test its 200-day moving average of $3.61 in the coming days or weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV