Roper Industries (ROP), one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated electrical equipment stocks, is a diversified manufacturer that operates in a wide array of businesses, including medical devices, energy control systems, and radio frequency products. While those businesses may be disparate, they do provide considerable exposure to the industrial sector, something investors should consider if they're concerned about cyclical stocks.
Historically, free cash flows have helped to fund Roper's acquisition strategy in a big way, resulting in a firm that has a manageable debt load and ample balance sheet liquidity, two factors that'll help shareholders' peace of mind on the next cycle downswing. A very large chunk of recurring revenues make this firm stand out even more from other manufacturing names -- even if its dividend payout doesn't.While management increased its dividend by 25% on Wednesday, Roper's yield is just 0.66%. Despite the paltry payout, the fact that Roper uses its cash internally on growth is a good reason for longer-term investors to keep this stock in mind. To see these dividend plays in action, check out the Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV