$56 billion drug maker Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) has had a strong year in 2011; shareholders have seen their stakes appreciate more than 25% since the first trading day of January. Now management is upping the ante, hiking the firm's quarterly dividend by 3.03% to 34 cents per share.
While that doesn't sound like much of an increase, BMY is already a perennially high-yielding stock (and one of the top-yielding drug stocks). Shares currently pay out a 4.08% yield on current share price levels.Bristol's pharmaceutical pipeline puts it a step ahead of most of its peers. The firm treats its pipeline like any good portfolio manager, diversifying away the risks of failure though exposure to a significant number of treatments as well as partnerships with peer firms.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV