BOSTON ( TheStreet) - The latest developments from the emergency European Union summit leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Friday, Dec. 9.
Friday's 5 Biggest Stories
euro zone fiscal compact doesn't get unanimous support. Whether this is good or bad news, honestly, I don't think anyone knows.
According to the new plan, European central banks will loan
$266 billion to the IMF to fight the debt crisis.
One thing that is clear:
Angela Merkel can't be too happy. The European Union now says investors will not share in the cost of bailouts.
Quote of the Day"We're not in the euro and I'm glad we're not in the euro. We're never going to join the euro and we're never going to give up this kind of sovereignty that these countries are having to give up," said U.K. Prime Minster David Cameron, defending his stance on the revisions of the euro treaty.
Company NewsHewlett-Packard (HPQ) will likely decide the fate of Palm's webOS software today.
MarketsIn Russia, populous rage swells over election fraud allegations. Russian equity markets are down 3% overnight.
Investment StrategyWhy is Apple (AAPL) stuck in a range, and how do you trade it?
Odds and EndsU.S. household wealth had its biggest quarterly loss since 2008. Who says things are improving for Americans?
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV