BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Americans have pulled almost $100 billion from equity mutual funds this year and put money in bonds and cash accounts to escape one of the most frightening years for investing.
Some fund managers, meanwhile, are shadowing their benchmark indices, hoping to hold on to their jobs amid record volatility in the stock market. And it seems like every talking head is pushing large-cap dividend shares for safety.
Not Sam Dedio.
Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Company Profile: Las Vegas Sands is a developer of casino and entertainment resorts. The company has properties on the Las Vegas Strip as well as Macau. Share Price: $43.12 (Dec. 8) 2011 Return: minus 6.2% Market Cap: $31.9 billion Dedio's Take: Because of Las Vegas Sands' exposure to China through its gaming operations in Macau, Dedio says this stock pick is a demographics play. He points out that the company's non-U.S. revenue outpaces the revenue generated from the Vegas properties. When you look at their real-estate exposure -- where they have properties and where their gaming revenue is coming from -- there is an emergence of a middle class in China," Dedio says. "I really do believe that a population greater than the population of the entire U.S. will become the middle class in China over the next six or eight years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV