8 Big Hypocrites in Business and Politics
BOSTON ( MainStreet) -- It may not be among the seven deadly sins, but hypocrisy certainly plagues us.
From corporations to politicians, there is a perpetual flood of hypocrisy even if we call it by another name -- flip-flopping, compromise or changing your mind.
There is Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), as sex-obsessed a company as there is -- warning Jersey Shore star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino to stop wearing its clothes because "this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans." This came after the retailer was selling shirts emblazoned with "The Fitchuation."Tea Party protesters have demanded that the government leave whatever entitlements or support they get alone ("Hands off my Medicare," one infamous sign read) even as they seek to eliminate "handouts" for others. And, as we look at some of the folks who have been poster children for their perceived hypocrisy in recent years, we start with someone whose Thursday press conference might have had some investors and voters doing double-takes:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV