Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) is the largest producer of iron ore in North America, operating mines that supply nearly 50% of North American blast furnace demand.
It is trading at about $68 per share and has a market value of $10 billion. It has a projected 1.57% dividend yield.With a forward P/E of 5.3, Auer said "it is probably the cheapest stock in our portfolio." And he raves about its earnings prospects, noting that it earned $4.07 per share in its most recent quarter and analysts estimate it will earn $12.80 per share next year, up from $7.49 per share this year. Goldman Sachs (GS) added Cliffs to its "convictions buy" list of most favored stocks this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV