Mosaic (MOS) is a major producer of phosphate and potash, two of the three primary crop nutrients, with a $23 billion market value.
Auer said 80% of the company had been owned by a Cargill family trust, and when a key family member died, the trustees decided to start selling shares quickly and the price plunged, qualifying it for the Auer fund."The fundamentals have been fantastic and look to continue to be fantastic," said Auer, as analysts estimate earnings growth of about 38% next year, to $5.54 per share. It has a forward P/E of 8.3. The company recently announced a $1.2 billion buyback program. JP Morgan (JPM) lowered its stock-investment rating on Mosaic today to "neutral" from "overweight" and cut its 2012 earnings-per-share forecast to reflect lower estimates for phosphate prices and potash volumes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV