On May 31, 2011, Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. (NYSE:ELS), through its operating partnership (collectively, the “Company”), entered into purchase and other agreements to acquire a portfolio of 75 manufactured home communities and one RV resort (the “Acquisition Properties”) containing 31,167 sites on approximately 6,500 acres located in 16 states (primarily located in Florida and the northeastern region of the United States) and certain manufactured homes and loans secured by manufactured homes located at the Acquisition Properties for a stated purchase price of $1.43 billion (the “Acquisition”).
The Company closed on seven of the Acquisition Properties today along with certain manufactured homes and loans secured by manufactured homes located at such Acquisition Properties for a stated purchase price of approximately $99 million. The purchase price in connection with this closing was funded with: (i) the assumption of approximately $55 million of mortgage debt secured by the Acquisition Properties acquired today and (ii) approximately $44 million of cash. The cash was obtained from the proceeds of the previously announced $200 million of financings originated during the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
As of today, the Company has closed on 75 Acquisition Properties since July 1, 2011. As previously disclosed, the Company is continuing to perform due diligence on the Clinton property; the one remaining Acquisition Property; and therefore, the Company is unable to provide a current estimate of a closing date and no assurances can be given that the Company will close on that Acquisition Property. As a result, the Company no longer expects to incur $2 million of transaction costs in 2011 related to the Clinton closing.
Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. is a fully integrated owner and operator of lifestyle-oriented properties and as of December 8, 2011, owns or has an interest in 382 quality properties in 32 states and British Columbia consisting of 141,175 sites. The Company leases individual developed areas, or sites, with access to utilities for placement of factory-built homes, cottages, cabins or recreational vehicles. Customers may lease individual sites or enter right-to-use contracts providing the customer access to specific properties for limited stays. The Company is a self-administered, self-managed, real estate investment trust (REIT) with headquarters in Chicago. Visit www.equitylifestyle.com for more information.This press release includes certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used, words such as “anticipate,” “expect,” “believe,” “project,” “intend,” “may be” and “will be” and similar words or phrases, or the negative thereof, unless the context requires otherwise, are intended to identify forward-looking statements and may include, without limitation, information regarding the Company’s expectations, goals or intentions regarding the future, statements regarding the anticipated closing of the remainder of the pending Acquisition and the expected effect of the Acquisition on the Company. These forward-looking statements are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to:
- the Company’s ability to control costs, real estate market conditions, the actual rate of decline in customers, the actual use of sites by customers and its success in acquiring new customers at its Properties (including those that it may acquire);
- the Company’s ability to maintain historical rental rates and occupancy with respect to Properties currently owned or that the Company may acquire;
- the Company’s assumptions about rental and home sales markets;
- the Company’s assumptions and guidance concerning 2011 and 2012 estimated net income and funds from operations;
- in the age-qualified Properties, home sales results could be impacted by the ability of potential homebuyers to sell their existing residences as well as by financial, credit and capital markets volatility;
- results from home sales and occupancy will continue to be impacted by local economic conditions, lack of affordable manufactured home financing and competition from alternative housing options including site-built single-family housing;
- impact of government intervention to stabilize site-built single family housing and not manufactured housing;
- the completion of the remainder of the Acquisition and future acquisitions, if any, timing and effective integration with respect thereto and the Company’s estimates regarding the future performance of the Acquisition Properties;
- unanticipated costs or unforeseen liabilities associated with the Acquisition;
- ability to obtain financing or refinance existing debt on favorable terms or at all;
- the effect of interest rates;
- the dilutive effects of issuing additional securities;
- the effect of accounting for the entry of contracts with customers representing a right-to-use the Properties under the Codification Topic “ Revenue Recognition;” and
- other risks indicated from time to time in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV