Illinois Tool Works (ITW) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.3%. By the end of trading, Illinois Tool Works fell $1.22 (-2.6%) to $46.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.20-$47.20 after having opened the day at $47.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.51. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Presstek (PRST), down 17.3%, Cleantech Solutions International (CLNT), down 14.3%, NF Energy Saving (NFEC), down 12.6%, and Powell Industries (POWL), down 9.9%. Illinois Tool Works Inc. manufactures a range of industrial products and equipment worldwide. Illinois Tool Works has a market cap of $22.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.9, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 11.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Illinois Tool Works a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Illinois Tool Works as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ITW
Illinois Tool Works Becomes #238 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing International Flavors & Fragrances
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV