Pacific Ethanol (PEIX) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.1%. By the end of trading, Pacific Ethanol rose 2 cents (1.6%) to $1.29 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Pacific Ethanol exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1.24-$1.36 after having opened the day at $1.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.27. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Clean Diesel Technologies (CDTI), up 3.1%, Flexible Solutions International (FSI), up 3.1%, Nanophase Technologies Corporation (NANX), up 2.1%, and Lightbridge (LTBR), up 1.7%. Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low carbon renewable fuels in the western United States, primarily in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, and Washington. The company offers ethanol and its co-products, including wet distillers grains. Pacific Ethanol has a market cap of $102.5 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 74.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Pacific Ethanol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pacific Ethanol as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Pacific Ethanol Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PEIX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV