Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Hawaiian Electric Industries rose 13 cents (0.5%) to $25.88 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 909,009 shares of Hawaiian Electric Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 544,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.66-$26.17 after having opened the day at $25.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.75. Another company within the Utilities sector that increased today was China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), up 23.9%. Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc., through its subsidiaries, primarily engages in electric utility and banking businesses primarily in Hawaii. Hawaiian Electric Industries has a market cap of $2.48 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, below the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 19.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Hawaiian Electric Industries a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hawaiian Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Hawaiian Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV