Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Dr Pepper Snapple Group rose 19 cents (0.5%) to $37.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Dr Pepper Snapple Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.60-$38.13 after having opened the day at $37.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.73. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Central European Distribution (CEDC), up 18.8%, China Nutrifruit Group (CNGL), up 5.6%, Tianli Agritech (OINK), up 3.4%, and Reeds (REED), up 3.2%. Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc., an integrated brand owner, engages in the manufacture and distribution of non-alcoholic beverages in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Dr Pepper Snapple Group has a market cap of $8.05 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Dr Pepper Snapple Group a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dr Pepper Snapple Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Dr Pepper Snapple Group Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DPS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV