Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
Central European Distribution (CEDC) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Central European Distribution rose 96 cents (18.8%) to $6.07 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.3 million shares of Central European Distribution exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.65-$6.48 after having opened the day at $5.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.11. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Ever-Glory International Group (EVK), up 29.3%, G-III Apparel Group (GIII), up 18%, CTI Industries Corporation (CTIB), up 10.1%, and China Nutrifruit Group (CNGL), up 5.6%. Central European Distribution Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, produces, imports, and distributes alcoholic beverages in Poland, Hungary, and the Russian Federation. Central European Distribution has a market cap of $366.6 million and is part of the food & beverage industry. Shares are down 77.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Central European Distribution a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Central European Distribution as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally weak debt management and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Central European Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV