The Dallas-based semiconductor maker, whose products are used in tablets, smartphones, and a wide variety of other electronics, now sees earnings of 21 to 25 cents a share for the quarter ending this month with revenue expected to range from $3.19 billion and $3.33 billion.
The company's previous view was for earnings of 28 to 36 cents per share on revenue of $3.26 billion to $3.54 billion in the quarter.
The current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of 48 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $3.41 billion.In its statement, TI cited "lower demand across a wide range of markets, customers and products, except for Wireless applications processors" for the view. The stock was last quoted at $28, down 6.4%, on after-hours volume of nearly 600,000. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV