1. JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is a financial services company. Its principal bank subsidiaries are JPMorgan Chase Bank and National Association, a nationalized bank operating in 23 states. The company's principal nonbank subsidiary is J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, the firm's investment banking firm in the U.S.
Of the 38 analysts covering the stock, 92% recommend buying and 8% suggest holding. The stock' average 12-month price target is $46.39, about 36.4% higher than the current price, a Bloomberg consensus shows.
For 2011 third quarter, JPM recorded revenue of $24.37 billion and net income of $4.3 billion. For the quarter, return on equity stood at an attractive 16% on average allocated capital. Return on common equity is 9.8.Earnings per share were $1.02, in comparison with $1.01 in the same quarter last year. Meanwhile, credit card sales volume during the quarter grew 10%, while the commercial banking segment reported strong loan growth of 9%; deposit balances increased by 31%. For the quarter, return on equity stood at an attractive 16% on average allocated capital. Recently, the company and British Airways launched the first airline co-brand card with EMV Chip with Signature Technology. Cardholders can use the British Airways Card at any chip-enabled, point-of-sale device such as a restaurant, gas station and a train ticket kiosk. The company is planning to buy MF Global Holdings' 4.7% stake in the London Metal Exchange, in addition to the 6.2% interest it holds in the LME. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Value Picks for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV